- 03-Feb-2017 to 30-Apr-2017 (PST)
- Oakland, CA, USA
- Competitive salary
- Full Time
Health insurance, 401K - profit sharing and paid vacation
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Are you someone who wants to make a difference. Someone who wants to do more than just market stuff. Someone who is passionate, selfless and wants to be a part of making the world a better place. If so this might be the place for you.
WHO WE ARE:
S. Groner Associates, Inc. (SGA) is a small, but passionate, marketing firm that is about a simple idea. We don't help our clients sell things, we don't help them grow more profitable, we don't try to convince people that just need to buy something. But we believe that those same tools can be used to improve the public good.
We are very selective about the clients we take on and search for opportunities where we can make a difference. Get to know us a little better by visiting us at http://SGAmarketing.com
BASICS ABOUT THE JOB:
Basic duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing projects and interfacing with clients
- Direct development of creative materials
- Use market research to target campaigns
- Conduct/manage community event outreach
- Develop strategic partnerships to push issues forward
- Conduct presentations to target audiences
- Execute social media
This is an inexact science, but we are looking for folks that have skills that can contribute to effective marketing/communications on social issues. The candidate should have a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years experience working in this area and a track record of getting results.
Changing the world is hard (even if it is just incrementally improving communities) and we are looking for folks willing to work hard to help us create that change. An SGA'er would embody the following:
Ability to work independently; yet put team goals ahead of self interests
Desire to bring passion to your work and a need to go the extra mile to make things happen
Drive to think creatively and be strategic in solving problems
Need to always learn and educate oneself
Desire to make a difference in our community and for the planet
Implement/manage social media campaigns
Write press releases, newsletter articles and online content
Conduct market research
Conduct/manage community event outreach
Develop strategic partnerships to push issues forward
Conduct presentations to target audiences
Assist/direct development of creative materials
SGA is a small, passionate and nationally recognized social marketing firm that focuses on environmental and community-based issues. If you are interested in building communities, reducing pollution and improving public health, this is what we do. Our success is based on a blend of creativity, technical analytics, and collective passion to make a difference.
Achievements: listed as one of the top ten independent communications firms by the LA Business Journal, case studies have appeared in numerous academic publications and a recent recipient of Public Relations Society of America's Silver Anvil award for best public service campaign in the country. Get to know us a little better by visiting us at SGAmarketing.com.
SGA: THE GOOD AND THE BAD
1. The thing that staff at SGA like best is that we have a very flexible work place and a nimble team. We take on causes for the public good and we are nice, helpful people and we go out of our way to help each other and the clients. The downside of this is there is not a lot of structure - the person we are looking for is self motivated and absolutely willing to go the extra effort to figure things out.
2. Most of our clients are government agencies and non-profits, which is great because they are looking after the public good and they are looking to improve communities. However, this also means a lot of buy in is needed, consensus needs to be built and committees need to be educated (who are often non-communications people). So person we are looking for must have an ability to listen, be patient, be persuasive and be gently but strongly persistent.
3. We are always learning. We have book clubs, flex time for trying new things, and give a lot of feedback. In this position, you must have a desire to always look for ways to improve, be self critical, and absorb feedback (successes and areas for improvement -- we all got both). The person we are looking for is the type that feels compelled to consistently look to self-improve, adapt and innovate.
BECOME PART OF THE TEAM:
Please note that ALL three components outlined below must be received for your application to be considered.
(1) Resume (Upload in Word or PDF format in the "Resume" field of the online application)
(2) Cover Letter: letting us know why you and SGA are a good fit (Upload in Word or PDF format in the "Cover Letter" field of the online application)
(3) Creative Sample: visit www.adsoftheworld.com. Select an ad and change the tagline so that the ad now has an environmental message. Send us the original ad (unedited) and your new modified tagline and ad. (Upload in Word or PDF format in the "Creative Sample" field of the online application)
Position Location: Oakland
Right now we are looking for one or two great candidates with a few years of marketing under their belt, a track record of getting results and want to help us make a difference.
Interested in becoming part of the SGA Team? Apply at sga.applicantpro.com